SMBX forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMBX forums

3 posters

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.)

mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

Data de inscriere : 2010-10-13
    Varsta : 28
    Localizare : Prince Georg, VA, United States

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.)

Post  mushroomhead23876 Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:11 am

So it turned out I ran out of ideas for my first SMBX episode... and I wasn't even close to finishing it. Or maybe I just don't put enough thought into it. Anyway it was going to have ten "Worlds" in it- when I post a download for it, don't mix this up with the first eight really long main levels- their names are based on the simple world names of the original Mario games. This, plus the occasional connecting level, and a castle, is really just the first world. The second was meant to be something like Hyrule, from the Legend of Zelda games--- with locations from the only Wii installment, Twilight Princess.. After all, link is in the game so I thought I'd do that. The rest I'm debating cause I'm burnt out working on the sixth level- they're that long! Shocked
    Vampire Royal Chicken
    Vampire Royal Chicken
    Baby Bowser (ADMIN)
    Baby Bowser (ADMIN)

Data de inscriere : 2010-08-03
    Varsta : 23
    Localizare : Alexandria,Teleorman,ROMANIA

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Re:The revenge of Koopz

Post  Vampire Royal Chicken Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Wow,that's a BIG episode! Shocked
    Vampire Royal Chicken
    Vampire Royal Chicken
    Baby Bowser (ADMIN)
    Baby Bowser (ADMIN)

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Re:The revenge of Koopa

Post  Vampire Royal Chicken Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:17 pm

( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.)

Can you send me a download link for your progress in a PM? I wanna see your episode,it maybe be great Very Happy
    mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Well... it's really disorganized...let me sort out all the stuff and I'll get it up for a demo.

Post  mushroomhead23876 Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:16 pm

So um... yeah you're right. When I talked to several friends on my plans, even they were shocked. Since I've started, I've only gotten nine full levels completed, (due to doing all the work- I even got stuck testing them and I'm strugling to beat my own levels affraid ) some in my game aren't complete, like the first castle, or the second Hyrule level, and I haven't gotten to the warp to there either. The map doesn't go to every level just yet- you'll have to use the level editor to open them. I just have to get it a little more organized, finish the castle, and make a level to connect (the levels)world 5 and world 6, and one to connect the castle of the first world and the pipe leading to Hyrule. Hopefully it'll turn out better than the water of the first few levels...
    Yellow9
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

Data de inscriere : 2010-10-28

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Re: The Revenge of Koopa

Post  Yellow9 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:39 am

Sounds pretty cool...I might be able to help.
    I am a little busy with my project, but I can create a level if you need help.
    Like your levels, mine are really big, too. Smile
    mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty thx a lot

Post  mushroomhead23876 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 am

Yeah... to complete this would take a lot of work, so once I get the first world ready for download, then I can release a demo and enlist those who'd like to help. Hope you have the new version of SMBX and the graphics pack that can be found on the site.
    mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Current progress on World 1...

Post  mushroomhead23876 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:07 am

Well, I decided to add a cruiseship level between World 5 and World 6- working on the inside, and it'll be peaceful til you start talking to the people on there. After you talk to the toads, a entire army raids the ship, and you have to escape (oh, if only they added a death timer event, then I could really make this level as hard as I wanted to.).
    mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Re: The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.)

Post  mushroomhead23876 Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 am

That level I referenced to is almost finished, all I have to do is make the bomber plane's "bombs" actually stay with the plane and not stay fixated creepily over the ocean...
    Vampire Royal Chicken
    Vampire Royal Chicken
    Baby Bowser (ADMIN)
    Baby Bowser (ADMIN)

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Re: The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.)

Post  Vampire Royal Chicken Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:07 am

mushroomhead23876 wrote:That level I referenced to is almost finished, all I have to do is make the bomber plane's "bombs" actually stay with the plane and not stay fixated creepily over the ocean...
    Ok,tell me when it's done, I want see it Very Happy
    mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Well, seems like I'm going to have to try something else=-(

Post  mushroomhead23876 Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Well, it didn't work out. Maybe I should just have a bunch of parakoopas chasing after him... stangely, they move faster than you when they're in the water... I've begun working on the castle for the first world, so I can finally see the end of that world, also. I wonder what kind of boss I should use...
    mushroomhead23876
    Little Egg
    Little Egg

The Revenge of Koopa ( no download- only for suggestions and details for my episode.) Empty Almost there... one more level...

Post  mushroomhead23876 Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 am

So, that castle is finished. I only need a level to finish it up. So heres a little insight on it: You're on a bridge with no enemies and threats, but you must find the eight Red Coins to get past a guy that runs a tool booth right where the bridge ends. Since he doesn't accept those gold coins that have been accumulating for all of the game up to then, you'll have to get the red coins. Also, heres a little update on the game's structure (and length). I'm planning to add a world very similar to Star World from SMW... and you'll have to collect 120 stars just to get into the final world. Almost every level will have one, and Star World will require varying numbers to get into levels. But every world's boss will have one. Arrow

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:17 am